1) For a Good Morning start, get a good night's rest–plan on a routine time to be in bed. Rested and relaxed kids learn better.
2) Prepare the night before school so morning isn't a rush–set out school clothes, prepare lunch box, collect school items and put them where they'll be all together and easy to find.
3) Eat a good breakfast. Kids can focus better if they aren't hungry–so be sure they have full-tummies before they head out the door.
4) Be positive–expect your child to enjoy school, expect enthusiasm, and share your appreciation for their successes.
5) Talk together –a language-rich environment is an important factor for student success. Ask questions, listen to your child's ideas/thoughts and share your positive experiences.
6) Homework Hints–make sure your student has a quiet place so he/she can concentrate — or have "family quiet time" so everyone can read or do homework in a quiet environment. .
To read an more information about these tips, click on Back to School For more back-to-school tips, you're encouraged to visit: Homework Success Article Directory in the "Back-to-School" article listing. To be prepared is an important factor in making the transition from vacation to school easier on everyone.